Okinawan Karate is held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30-8:00 p.m. during each session. The program is open to youth and adults ages 6+. Pre-registration is required and space is limited; register online at recdesk.republicparks.com (under Community Programs).
- Ages: 6 Years and Up (Youth & Adults)
- Registration: Pre-Registration Required at recdesk.republicparks.com
- 2023 Session Dates:
- January 3-March 2 (Registration Opens December 5)
- March 14-May 11 (Registration Opens February 13)
- May 23-July 25 (Registration Opens April 17)
- August 8-October 5 (Registration Opens July 10)
- October 17-December 14 (Registration Opens September 18)
- Program Days & Times: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Program Location: Republic Community Center
- Program Fee: $90/Student (Single Student/Initial Family Member); $75/Student (Additional Family Members)
- Uniform Fee: $50 (New Students or Reorders). White Uniforms Required
Okinawan Karate classes are taught by Anthony Willis. Anthony relocated to the area after a 27-year career in the United States Air Force. He has been practicing and researching martial arts for 30+ years and has several black belts, including a 6th degree black belt in Okinawan Goju Ryu. He lived in Okinawa and studied under an Okinawan instructor for just under five years, and has been teaching Goju Ryu Karate for over 20 years.