Questions or inquiries in regards to your utility bill (amount, payment, discrepancies, etc.) may be addressed by the Utility Billing Department by phone at 417-732-3136.
Utility Billing Information
• All cycle 1 utility bills are mailed to customers on or about the 4th day of the month and are due by 5 p.m. on the 20th day of the month. A $5 delinquency fee is assessed on any account that is unpaid as of 5 p.m. on the 20th day of the month. (If the 20th day of the month is not a regular business day, then the due date is the next business day following the 20th.)
• All cycle 2 utility bills are mailed to customers on or about the 19th day of the month and are due by 5 p.m. on the 5th day of the following month. A $5 delinquency fee is assessed on any account that is unpaid as of 5 p.m. on the 5th day of the month. (If the 5th day of the month is not a regular business day, then the due date is the next business day following the 5th.)
• Any account with an outstanding balance for over 30 days will be subject to disconnection after 5 p.m. on shut off day. This is the 10th day following the due day each month. A $25 processing fee will be assessed on each customer account that is unpaid at 5 p.m. on the shut off day and water service is subject to disconnection on the following business day. (If the 10th day following the due date is not on a regular business day, then the due date is the next business day following the 10th day.) After an account becomes subject to disconnection and/or has been disconnected for non-payment, the account balance must be paid in full, including all applicable delinquency and late/processing fees, in addition to a service deposit for service to be continued or re-established.
• A customer that has been disconnected must make payment in full for service to be re-established.
• Payments that are returned by the bank due to actions by the customer will be assessed a $20 return check fee with account becoming subject to immediate disconnection. Service will not be reconnected until payment is made in full for the outstanding balance of the account plus applicable return check fee, late/processing fees, delinquency fees and service deposit. Payment will only be accepted if made by cash, credit/debit card or money order only.
• If the customer's final bill has a credit of less than $1 and the City has not heard from the customer, the balance will be forfeited to the City
• Accounts that remain unpaid after service disconnection are turned over to a collection agency
• A customer will not be allowed to establish service until having paid in full any bad debts with the City
• Connection of water and sewer service is to be performed by City authorized staff only. Any non-authorized service connection or disconnection, removal of locks or removal of other meter apparatus is considered tampering, which is unlawful and will subject the customer on the account to prosecution.
• Residential users are billed sanitary sewer charges based on metered use during the months of November through March. During the months of April through October, residential users are billed sanitary sewer charges based on the average monthly water usage (rounded off to the nearest hundred gallons) of the previous period of October through March